You may have seen the awesome post on the edible ice cream cone donut on Facebook (or other social media outlets). We’ve created a way for you to make this yourself!
Summer is all about fun and being outside. For most kids (or at least mine), it also means ice cream! Every time they hear the ding-a-ling of the ice cream truck, they come running. While we do spring for a treat once or twice during the summer, most of the time, I tell them we can make our ice cream sundaes instead.
They get bored with that and so I want to do something fun once in a while. So, when I saw and read about this awesome sweet ice cream cone treat, I knew I needed to find a way to do this for my kids. And, let me say – it did NOT disappoint!
This cinnamon and sugar ice cream cone is really easy to make (believe it or not). And, best of all, it takes simple ingredients. One thing you will need is a cream horn. You can find them for around $5 or so on Amazon.
Make sure that you share photos of your own creations on Instagram and use the #PPMIceCream — I want to see!Print
Viral Vanilla Ice Cream Cone (Our Unique Spin)
- Category: Dessert
- Pillsbury crescent dough sheet
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cream horns
- Sprinkle the area you will be rolling the dough out on in flour. This will keep the dough from sticking.
- Roll your crescent dough out into one rectangular sheet and cover it in a layer of sugar.
- Over the top of the sugar, put a layer of cinnamon.
- Turn the dough over and repeat the sugar and cinnamon covering.
- Spray your cream horn with non-stick spray (or your cone will stick once fully cooked).
- Cut your dough into medium size squares. It may take wrapping the dough around the cream horn to get the precise measurements.
- Wrap the dough so that the bottom overlaps each other but the top gets bigger. In other words, make it cone shaped!
- Once you get the dough wrapped around the cream horn, you may find that it’s longer on one side or the other or uneven in some areas. Use your scissors to even these areas up.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for about ten minutes.
- Fill with ice cream and enjoy!