This is another fun Halloween party treat idea! These edible eyeballs are easy to make. They start out as donut hole and are transformed into a creepy treat!
Here are some tips to keep in mind when doing this yourself:
- Spray the pan with non-stick spray or use parchment paper so they do not stick.
- Allow the almond bark to set half way before you place the chocolate chips (they will slide in easier, but not be so wet as to remove some of the bark).
- Use a fork to remove the covered eye from the mixture and tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess before setting it aside to dry.
Check out these other fun Halloween treat ideas:Print
- Category: Dessert
- Almond Bark (I used 3 cubes to make 6 – 8 eyes)
- Donut Holes
- Chocolate Chips
- Red Icing/Gel
- First melt, the almond bark in the microwave (took around 1 1/2 minutes to melt 3 bricks).
- Drop donut hole into the almond bark. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle/roll the hold so it is well covered.
- Set on cooling rack or cookie sheet.
- Allow almond bark to set up half way and place a chocolate chip into the center, with the flat side facing out.
- Once dried, drizzle red gel to make the eye look blood shot.
Make sure you spray the sheet or the cooling rack before placing donut holes to dry. You can also use waxed paper instead as well.