This is another fun Halloween party treat idea! These edible eyeballs are easy to make. They start out as donut hole and are transformed into a creepy treat!
We came up with this idea a few years ago when my son asked me if it was possible to eat an eyeball. I decided to play a prank and made him some while he was at school. When he saw them he said that they looked like Halloween eyeballs!! We’ve been making them ever since!!
Having had made these several times, there are a few tricks I’ve learned to make it easier on you. Make sure you keep the following in mind when making your edible eyeballs:
- Spray the pan with non-stick spray or use parchment paper so they do not stick.
- Allow the almond bark to set half way before you place the chocolate chips (they will slide in easier, but not be so wet as to remove some of the bark).
- Use a fork to remove the covered eye from the mixture and tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess before setting it aside to dry.
Check out these other fun Halloween treat ideas:Print
Creepy and fun Halloween eyeballs are the perfect treat for your party!
- Category: Dessert
- Almond Bark (I used 3 cubes to make 6 – 8 eyes)
- Donut Holes
- Chocolate Chips
- Red Icing or Gel
- First melt, the almond bark in the microwave (took around 1 1/2 minutes to melt 3 bricks).
- Drop donut hole into the almond bark. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle/roll the hold, so it is well covered.
- Set on cooling rack or cookie sheet.
- Allow almond bark to set up half way and place a chocolate chip into the center, with the flat side facing out.
- Once dried, drizzle red gel to make the eye look bloodshot.
Make sure you spray the sheet or the cooling rack before placing donut holes to dry. You can also use waxed paper instead as well.
Keywords: Halloween Eyeballs, Edible eyeballs