Eggs Benedict is a popular breakfast food. But, I don’t like to take the time to make it in the morning. That’s why usually make this Eggs Benedict casserole instead.
I love easy meals. As you’ve probably seen on my site, I love meals that can be made quickly, but are full of flavor and good nutrients for my family!
This Eggs Benedict Casserole is prepped the night before so breakfast doesn’t have to be such a rush in the morning. It’s delicious and simple and is one of our favorites!
Eggs Benedict Casserole uses pre-made English muffins so there’s no baking involved. If you can stir a sauce, and cut some bread, you can make this casserole with ease! It’s great for those mornings where you don’t have a lot of time to cook, but don’t want to feed your kids pop-tarts.
Other easy breakfast ideas:
- Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Delicious Breakfast Ideas – In 30 Minutes or Less
- Banana Pecan Overnight Oatmeal
Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 english muffins, cubed
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 16 oz package of cubed ham
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Turn the oven broiler onto high.
- Place the cubed English muffins on a cookie sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the cubes over and broil for another 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, onion powder and salt and pepper together.
- Pour the mixture over the English muffin cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, sprinkle the ham over the mixture.
- Bake covered at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and uncover the dish.
- Bake for another 20 minutes at 375.
- While it bakes, prepare the sauce.
- In a double boiler, combine the egg yolks, heavy whipping cream, mustard, and lemon juice. Whisk non-stop until the sauce is thick enough that it will coat the back of your spoon.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter.
- Pour the sauce over the casserole fresh from the oven and serve immediately.