Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 english muffins, cubed
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 16 oz package of cubed ham
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Turn the oven broiler onto high.
- Place the cubed English muffins on a cookie sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the cubes over and broil for another 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, onion powder and salt and pepper together.
- Pour the mixture over the English muffin cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, sprinkle the ham over the mixture.
- Bake covered at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and uncover the dish.
- Bake for another 20 minutes at 375.
- While it bakes, prepare the sauce.
- In a double boiler, combine the egg yolks, heavy whipping cream, mustard, and lemon juice. Whisk non-stop until the sauce is thick enough that it will coat the back of your spoon.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter.
- Pour the sauce over the casserole fresh from the oven and serve immediately.