For many people, the thrill of the best deals happens in late November when the Black Friday sales all begin. You can find some of the lowest prices on electronics, toys, and appliances. But, that has all changed since Prime Day came around.
What is Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is a 36-hour sales frenzy. Amazon discounts thousands of items to prices we see only once a year. You can find deals on all sorts of things from TVs to backpacks and so much more!
The only thing is that you MUST have an Amazon Prime membership in order to be eligible to get the deals. If you haven’t signed up for Amazon Prime in the past 13 months, you can sign up right now for a free trial membership. And, remember that your membership is not just about free shipping, but offers other perks such as Free Kindle Books, Audible books, member-only discounts and so much more!
When is Prime Day 2018?
Amazon Prime Day starts on July 16th at 3 pm EST. It ends at 11:59 PDT on July 17th. You’ll want to be logged into your account and ready to jump once the deals start happening.
What deals will they have?
Unfortunately, those deals are a very closely guarded secret. No one will know until right about the time the event starts (as they want everyone to have a chance to get the deals). But, there are several deals you can find right now, leading up to the big event!
- Now through Prime Day, Prime Pantry members can use promo code PANTRY at checkout to get $10 off orders of $40 or more.
- Use the code 20PRIMENOW to get up to $20 off Prime Now or Whole Foods Market Delivery. (You’ll save $10 off today and $10 off your next order).
- Save $100 on the Echo Show! Get one for $129 – down from $229.
- Get three months of Audible for 66% off ($4.95 per month, regularly $14.95 per month).
- If you are new to Kindle Unlimited, you can get three months of unlimited reading for $0.99 per month (regularly $9.99 per month). Not only that, but you’ll get a $10 Prime Day credit with the first Kindle book you buy. (through 7/31/18).
- Prime members new to Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months for $0.99 per month (usually $7.99 per month for Prime members). This promotion ends July 17.
- Get a $30 discount on your first AmazonFresh order (order minimum: $100). Use code 30FRESH. This offer ends July 17.
This is an event that people look forward to every year! Make sure you have signed up for Amazon Prime so you are ready to take advantage of the great deals you’ll find!
How to Get a Free Amazon Gift Card
How about some free money to spend next week? If you are new to Shopkick, there is a simple way you can get as much as $45 to spend!
Download the free Shopkick app, sign up for Amazon Prime through the app and earn a $20 Amazon gift card right off the bat.
strangers. Have them also download Shopkick and take any free action (watch a short in-app video, walk into a participating store, scan a product at the shelf). Once your friends take action you get 250 kicks (Shopkick’s reward currency) per friend’s action.
Earn 5-7 kicks for every $1 spent on Amazon leading up to the Prime Day.
Do your everyday shopping at Amazon and other popular online and physical stores like Target, Wal-Mart, BestBuy, Costco and tons more to earn even more kicks (you can earn 4,000 kicks by visiting just a couple stores over a weekend).
Redeem your kicks for an Amazon gift card.
6,250 kicks = $25 Amazon Gift Card + $20 Amazon Gift Card for signing up for Prime through Shopkick = $45 gift card! Easy, peasy!!