We love tacos, but also like to find a way to make them a bit differently, which is why we enjoy these fish tacos! The recipe is super simple and just so delicious!!
With Lent coming up, this is a good one to add to your menu ideas. If you take part in this annual event, you know that one thing you can not do is consume meat on Fridays. That is where this delicious Fish Taco recipe can come to the rescue! Delicious — without meat!!!
- 2 ears of sweet corn (or use around 2 cups of frozen corn)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 3 Cod fillets
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (red leaf works well)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 avacado, chopped (optional)
- 3 tbs taco or picante sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs minced cilantro
- Cover corn with butter, salt and pepper and place on the grill (or, you can put the corn into a saute pan with the butter, salt and pepper and cook) until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle fish fillets with 1 tsp of chili powder. You can also cook this on the grill (make sure you lightly cover the grate with oil using a paper towel and tongs). Another option is to cook it on an indoor grill (which is what we often do). Cook for around 8 – 9 minutes, until it is cooked through (fish will flake easily with a fork.
- Remove the kernels from the corn, if you are using fresh ears.
- Mix corn, lettuce, tomato, red pepper, avocado, taco sauce, lime juice, cilantro and remaining chili powder.
- Dice fish and add to the mixture.
- Serve onto warm flour tortillas.
- You can top with sour cream, cheese or other toppings of your choosing!