Fruit filled Jack-o-lanterns are a healthy alternative to all of the sweet treats you’ll see
Halloween is coming up soon! Instead of all of the sweet treats, make something healthy. These fruit filled jack-o-lanterns are not only fun – but better for the kids!
You can create any type of fun, silly face that you want and then fill it with any type of fruit. We used blackberries, blueberries and strawberries to create ours. But, the sky is the limit when it comes to what you want to fill yours up with!
Make sure you check out some of our other super fun (and easy) Halloween treat ideas:
And, make sure you are following our Halloween board on Pinterest for even MORE fun ideas!Print
Fruit Filled Jack-o-Lanterns
3 Oranges (in this case I used Grapefruit Oranges) ½ cup Blackberries ½ cup Blueberries ½ cup Strawberries (sliced)
- Category: Dessert
- 3 Oranges (in this case I used Grapefruit Oranges)
- ½ cup Blackberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- ½ cup Strawberries (sliced)
- Rinse all fruit. Dry.
- Using a straight edged knife on your grapefruit orange, turn knife inward at an angle while making a complete circle. This will release the top of your grapefruit orange. Remove and set top aside.
- Begin to remove the inside of the grape fruit orange by using a small spoon. Place the grapefruit orange juice and pulp into a small bowl. You can save it and serve as a refreshing drink next to your treats!
- Once the grapefruit orange is empty, use a small knife to cut out your jack-o-lantern face! Be creative. You can carve square eyes, triangle eyes, a smile, or big teeth! Have fun!
- Slice the very top from 3 strawberries. Use this as a garnish on top of your orange jack-o-lantern! You can secure it with a toothpick, or a dab of honey.
- Slice the strawberries into quarters and then in half again.
- Evenly distribute the blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries into each jack-o-lantern.
- Use a toothpick or tiny spoon to serve.
- Your family, friends, and children will love these friendly Halloween treats!