We all know how important it is to conserve energy. Many will do things such as run the dishwasher in the middle of the night, turn off the lights when not in a room and even unplug appliances not in use. If you do anything to lower your energy use then give yourself a high five!
Of course, slapping your own hand is fun and all, but what if there were a way that you could turn your energy savings into even more money (than a reduced bill)? After all, you earn rewards on credit cards, at stores when you shop and more, so why not on your energy savings. Someone should really offer that!!! Oh wait – they do!!
There is this really awesome company — OhmConnect.com — who sends California residents payments, just for lowering their energy consumption! Not only that, but they can even increase those rewards by referring the service with other family and friends. Now everyone can save — and even make — money!! WAHOO!!!!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It is really a pretty simple concept. You sign up and link your account. You do your part to conserve energy when they alert you and you get rewarded. Here are the details:
- Sign up for OhmConnect and sync it with your utility company’s online service. (Currently works with PG&E, SDG&E or Southern California Edison).
NOTE: You must have an online account in order to qualify, so if you haven’t done so yet, go ahead and visit your utility provider to do that and then go ahead and sign up with OhmConnect.
- Instantly earn 2,000 points ($20) when you join!
- Get alerts during “#OhmHours”, which are high energy consumption hours which trigger the NON-GREEN power plants into high gear to support the overloaded grid.
- Run around and have fun with the kids during your “#OhmHour” by flicking off all of the lights, unplugging appliances not in use, stopping the dryer until the hours has lapsed.
- Earn points as you reduce your energy consumption. When you drop your consumption and help conserve during that time, you will get rewarded for helping to NOT contribute to the use of the dirty power plant.
- Cash in rewards and get the cash for yourself or even donate the money to a school or charity!!
Honestly, why wouldn’t you? It takes little effort on your part to be honest. There are “#OhmHours” a few times a week. This helps improve green living in an extremely highly populated state.
This is such a win-win program. You get the rewards and the State of California uses less dirty energy!! It really is that simple.
To help save you even more energy, you can connect a smart thermostat (ecobee, Nest, etc.), car chargers and switches. There is really so much you can do to decrease your energy consumption, which results in money in your pocket!
HOW MUCH CAN YOU REALLY MAKE?
You are probably wondering how much you can really earn. It has to be pennies, right? NOPE! You can make as much as $300 per year!! Just for being smart with energy use! Not only that, but you are even doing your part to help the planet, and really — can you put a price tag on that?
To help save you even more energy, you can connect a NEST Thermostat, car chargers and switches. There is really so much you can do to decrease your energy consumption, which results in money in your pocket!
IS THERE A DOWNSIDE?
Sadly there is. The downside is that you must live in California and have an online account with one of the above-mentioned energy companies.
And…..well….that’s it! That is really the only downside I could even find! And maybe, one day, they will branch out and reach everyone. Wouldn’t that be awesome?!?!
WHERE DO I SIGN UP AGAIN?
I’ll save you the hassle of scrolling up to read that part again. Just visit OhmConnect.com and join today!!!
This was a sponsored post on behalf of OhmConnect.com. All opinions are my own and were not influenced by any parties.