Ghost Rice Krispie Treats
Halloween ghosts made from Rice Krispies are a hit with kids and adults!
- Prep Time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 45 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of crispy rice cereal
- Bright White candy melts
- Edible candy eyes (found in the baking aisle)
- Cake Pop or Sucker Sticks
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows together.
- Once fully melted, remove the pan from the heat and add the cereal.
- Mix well.
- Place in an ungreased 9×13 pan and allow them to set up for two hours.
- Cut into rectangles and set them aside.
- Melt the white candy melts (use a double boiler for best results, but if you do not have one, use a microwave but be careful, so they do not scorch).
- Once the candy melts are completely melted, dip the top half of the rectangle rice crispy treats into the mix and set onto wax paper.
- While the candy melt is still warm, put two eyes on the front of the treat.
- Allow them to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once set, insert the stick into the bottom of the treat.
Keywords: Rice Krispie Ghosts, Halloween rice krispies