Gingerbread snowflake cookies are a must at our house every holiday season! We like them because they are not the same gingerbread man you normally see.
The cookies have the perfect blend of sweet and spice that makes them irresistible!!! You will be shocked at how soft these cookie turn out and how simple they are to decorate.
TIP!!!! Spray your measuring cup with non-stick spray before you pour the molasses and it will slide right out when you add it to the mix!
We have lots of amazing tips to help you plan your Christmas holiday!Print
Gingerbread Snowflake Cookies
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 mins
- Yield: 5 dozen 1x
- Category: Gingerbread Snowflake Cookies
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup molases
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground all-spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar (1 lb packdge will work)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in molasses and water until blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, all-spice and salt.
- Slowly add to creamy mixture until blended.
- Form into ball.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (until easy to handle)
- Lightly flour your surface and roll dough into 1/4″ thickness.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Move to wire rack to cool.
- Mix all items in the order given.
- Beat until smooth.
- Put frosting in a large plastic bag.
- Cut a small amount off of the corner of the bag.
- Pipe the designs you want onto the snowflakes (circles, lines, etc).