WINNERS: Sherrie jpsrricks@xxxxx and Courtney crtnyhayes@xxxxx
I have 3 kids and I’ll admit that their favorite “go to food” has to be chicken nuggets. As much as I would rather they love something else, they are kids and they just love what they love! So, dinner time can be a little “boring” around here, which is why I try to keep the daytime as fun as I can.
Tyson shared some great tips from Maureen Petrosky about what you can do to keep family time fun. Here are some of my favorites:
· Spice it up. Revisit your pantry or spice drawer to avoid extra trips to the grocery store. With simple ingredients such as rosemary, garlic, oregano or cilantro, you can quickly transform your family’s favorite meals into an array of dinner options. Get everyone involved in meal prep and use this time as an opportunity to catch up with one another.
· Dine together. Prepare a stress- free dinner with items kids love such as Weaver Chicken Nuggets, served up alongside a big salad and some fresh bread from the baker. Kids prefer Weaver Chicken Nuggets because they’re crispy and delicious on the outside and they have juicy, tender chicken on the inside. Moms can feel good serving them to her kids because they have zero grams trans fat per serving and are high in protein.
· Go camping indoors. The rule: no lights, phones or computers from dusk to dawn. Drape the couch and chairs with sheets for a makeshift tent. Put your sleeping bags on the floor, grab your flashlights, and share your best ghost stories.
· Start a dance party. A great way to have some fun with your family is to get everyone dancing. Turn off the TV and turn on some good tunes. Make homemade trophies and prizes to give to the winners. Create special categories for best moves, best spins, most creative, most enthusiastic dancer.
· Turn chore time into an a-maze-ing race. In ten minutes, you can create an indoor maze, complete with clues to take your family on an at-home adventure. Incorporate simple chores like putting away laundry, cleaning under the bed, or setting the table. The final reward can be their favorite dinner or an extra bedtime story.
Whether it’s dinner time or bath time, just find a way to make it fun. Even the ordinary can become extraordinary!
2 readers will each receive 4 free product coupons for Weaver Chicken
Entry is simple — just leave one comment answering the question of the day. If you would like to gain some bonus entries, you can complete any or all of the additional items listed — just leave a separate comment for method of entry. Note: All comments must be left HERE on the blog. Comments left via Facebook or Twitter will not be included. (We had to cease the other method due to some technical issues beyond my control — hopefully we can get it back on track sometime soon).
1. What do you do around your house to make the mundane more fun?
3. Like Weaver Chicken on Facebook.
This contest will be open until January 6th at 11:59 p.m. CST. The winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email. Said winner will have 48 hours in which to provide me with their mailing address so that the prize can be forwarded to them. GOODLUCK!!!
Penny Pinchin’ Mom received nothing in exchange for hosting this giveaway. Buxr is the sponsor of the prizes. All opinions contained within this post are her own and were not influenced by any other parties. Be entering this giveaway/sweepstakes, you are attesting that you have read and can comply with the Giveaway Terms & Conditions.