The most amazing part of having this site is when I am able to do something to help others. I’m excited that Beech-Nut is doing the same thing right now. They are actually sponsoring A Jar for a Jar campaign – which is a virtual food drive. You simply log onto the Beech-Nut Facebook Page and go to their page and share a virtual jar of baby food. When you do, Beech-Nut will add one more jar to those that they are donating to those in need. Their goal is to reach a donation of ONE MILLLION jars of baby food!
Here are some interesting stats about childhood hunger:
- United States
– 17.2 million children live in food insecure households.
– The annual rate of food hardship in 2010 was 18%.
– The number of children in New York living in poverty could fill Madison Square Garden 44 times.
– More than one in four children living in New York City is considered impoverished.
– The number of impoverished children living in California could fill the Staples Center 84 times.
- Los Angeles
– 20.5% were most likely to say that there were times when they did not have enough money to buy food.
– More than 30 percent of children living in Chicago are considered impoverished. One in five children living in Cook County are also impoverished.
– Illinois has a food hardship rating of 27.8 percent.
So, just take a second to visit their page and help make a donation — it is so simple!!
Ten (10) Penny Pinchin’ Mom readers will win a Beech-Nut Tote filled with some great items:
Box of cereal, Beech-Nut teddy bear, feeding guide/fact sheet and coupons
Entry is simple — just leave one comment answering the question of the day. If you would like to gain some bonus entries, you can complete any or all of the additional items listed — just leave a separate comment for each method of entry. Note: All comments must be left HERE on the blog. Comments left via Facebook or Twitter will not be included.
1. How do you help those in need?
3. Follow Beech-Nut on Facebook and share a jar of food!
This contest will be open until Tuesday, August 9th at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email. Said winner will have 48 hours in which to provide me with their mailing address so that the prize can be forwarded to them. GOODLUCK!!!
Penny Pinchin’ Mom received nothing for hosting this giveawa . All opinions contained within this post are her own and were not influenced by any other parties. Please be sure to review the Giveaway Terms & Conditions before entering this contest.