And the Winner Is: Alicia K – [email protected]
When it comes to taking care of ourselves, it can be hard to make that lifestyle change. I know that I am guilty of this personally and really, I need help and motivation to keep me on track. Tyson® has a new site called 30days30ways30rewards which can actually help YOU to change your way of thinking about your health and other aspects of your life.
Lisa Lillien aka Hungry Girl battles the same food issues women struggle with every day so she understands how difficult it can be to stay on track. Hungry Girl has some realistic tips to help women achieve a balanced, guilt-free lifestyle, while still enjoying the foods they love. She suggests:
- Find better-for-you swaps for the indulgent foods you crave. Love potato chips by the bagful? Look for baked or popped chips in single-serving bags. Are you a bagel ‘n cream cheese fiend? Go for thin bagels with light spreadable cheese. You can save hundreds of calories this way without giving up the tastes you crave.
- Plan ahead, and be realistic. Before a grocery run, make a list, and think about what you really need for all your meals and snacks. Don’t buy ingredients for an entrée that takes three hours to make if you know you’re gonna come home starving and end up ordering a pizza.
- Set mini goals for yourself. Don’t take on challenges that are impossible. Setting out to drop 20 pounds by February is not realistic and isn’t safe. And don’t expect to run a marathon if you’ve never jogged a mile. Make small changes, like drinking more water, filling your plate with lots of veggies, walking more often, and keeping track of what you eat. Soon these habits will become second nature, and you’ll experience results at a healthy rate.
- Let yourself indulge a little. It’s okay to splurge on foods that aren’t “diet-friendly” once in a while. (I can’t resist the pretzel bread at one of my favorite restaurants.) Just get right back on track. Don’t let a weekend splurge turn into an excuse to overdo it all week!
Head on over to 30days30ways30rewards for 30 days to help kick-off your best year ever! One click a day reveals three great ways to balance an active lifestyle with ease, flavor and good-for-you fun. Get a nutritious and quick recipe for dinner tonight, a clever tip, and a chance to win some exciting prizes, each day for the next 30 days.
One reader will receive a Lis Lillien’s newest book, Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival: Aisle by Aisle, HG Style! AND a full-value Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products coupon (up to $9.99 value).
Entry is simple — just leave one comment answering the question of the day. If you would like to gain some bonus entries, you can complete any or all of the additional items listed — just leave a separate comment for method of entry. Note: All comments must be left HERE on the blog. Comments left via Facebook or Twitter will not be included.
1. What changes do you plan on making in your life to take better care of yourself?
This contest will be open until January 21st at 11:59 p.m. CST. The winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email. Said winner will have 48 hours in which to provide me with their mailing address so that the prize can be forwarded to them. GOODLUCK!!!
Penny Pinchin’ Mom received the same products as in the giveaway in exchange for hosting this giveaway. Buxr is the sponsor of the prizes. All opinions contained within this post are her own and were not influenced by any other parties. Be entering this giveaway/sweepstakes, you are attesting that you have read and can comply with the Giveaway Terms & Conditions.