It is that time again — time to take a look at the goals from last week and determine what I hope to accomplish this week. If you would like to use the same form I do in order to keep track of my weekly goals, you can download a FREE weekly goals (pink version) or (green version).
This week, I just didn’t feel like working on my goals. It was not just one thing. For one, I was leaning new accounting software which was intriguing me. It also snowed one day and I just didn’t feel like doing anything but sitting on my rump and going no where – and doing nothing. And although I didn’t achieve all of my goals this week, I realize it and take ownership of it. I don’t pass blame upon anyone be me. I also know that making a change to your lifestyle takes time. I need to give myself a break and remember that I’m human. I make mistake and like many of you – fall off of the wagon.
While this week I struggled to hit my household goals, it was even more challenging for me to make time for myself. For so long now, I have just given to everyone else but me. It is so hard to take that time out and not feel guilty. Why the guilt? I honestly am not sure. I know there shouldn’t be. I was Tracie long before I was a wife and mother and I kind of miss her! I miss the girl who would curl up with a good book and get lost for 2 hours. I miss the long baths just relaxing. I miss taking time out to get pampered by a massage or pedicure. So that is what I intend to do for 2012 — find her again!
Although I felt “off” this week, I still did manage to squeeze in little bit of time for myself (not listed in my goal). Rather than try to scrapbook, I played some games on my phone. The funny thing is that during one evening when playing those games, I found myself not feeling guilty!!! Neither my kids nor my husband felt slighted. In fact, my husband just jumped in and did what needed to be so that I could just enjoy myself. While this is a very new experience for me, I am certain of one thing — I could get VERY used to this!
What is so “funny” is that this week I found myself feeling happier. I felt less stress. I felt less overworked and tired. So, for me, I am finding out that just 30 minutes a few times a week to do something just for myself is working. It matters to me and so it matters to my family. I am going to continue to work on doing more for myself because it is important to me!
Now that I know my “me time” is important in my goal setting, I wanted to take a look at what I did end up accomplishing this past week and what goals I’ll be working towards this coming week.
LAST WEEK’S GOALS
Before I can think about planning ahead for this week, I have to take a look at last week’s goals and see how I did. I was surprised that I was actually able to achieve some of mine and as expected, I missed the mark on some. That is normal and so what do I do? I try and try again! We’re all human and none of us can do it all – but we can give it our best shot!
1. Clean out 2011 paperwork and shred items no longer needed, file those away we need – NOT COMPLETED.
2. Clean up the linen closets – DONE!
3. Jot down list of items donating and call for pickup – NOT COMPLETED
4. Create a paperwork notebook (and share details on how I did that) – IN PROCESS.
1. Go shopping for scrapbook items and organize them – NOT COMPLETED
2. Schedule massage – NOT COMPLETED
LONG – TERM (6 months+)
1. Increase Subscribership to Penny Pinchin’ Mom by 25% by 12/31/12 – in process
2. Save for trip to Disney with the kids by 12/1/12 – in process
THIS WEEK’S GOALS
Here’s my goal sheet for this coming week. I’ll check in again next Monday and let ya know how I did!
1. Clean out 2011 paperwork and shred items no longer needed, file those away we need.
2. Jot down list of items donating and call for pickup.
3. Create a paperwork notebook (and share details on how I did that).
1. Spend time just playing with new apps/games on my phone.
2. Schedule massage.
3. Download a new book and start reading.
4. Enjoy new apps and games.
LONG – TERM (6 months+)
1. Increase Subscribership to Penny Pinchin’ Mom by 25% by 12/31/12
2. Save for trip to Disney with the kids by 12/1/12
3. Save to finish off the basement for additional family living space.
Are you ready now to set your goals? Let’s work together and help one another achieve the goals that we set all year long. I have faith that we can do it!