Another week has come and gone. I was looking at the goals I had set for last week and feel like I did relatively well. While I may not have marked everything off of my to do list, there were other things that came up which were a little more important which needed my attention.
Life happens. There seems to always be something that comes up that can pull you away from your goals. Sometimes, it is easy to use those things as a crutch or reason why you didn’t get your goals completed. Other times, however, they are things which are out of your control or things that do require your attention. That’s what happened to me.
I had to work on some accounting things this week. This took time away from other projects I was hoping to complete. I am not even bothered at all that my goals weren’t achieved, because another one (which probably should have been on my list in the first place) was taken care of instead. And it is a “goal” that really means more than anything that was originally on my list for the week. So, even though many other goals were left as not completed, I still feel a sense of accomplishment for taking care of something that was more pressing.
And, believe it or not, despite not finishing many goals, I did find some time for myself. I actually made it to the store to do my scrapbook supply shopping. My timing was also impeccable as that were offering 40% off of the items I needed – which saved me a bundle! Now, seeing these items waiting for me has given me new motivation to make more time for myself! I am ready to play and have some ME time!
Now that I know my “me time” is important in my goal setting, I wanted to take a look at what I did end up accomplishing this past week and what goals I’ll be working towards this coming week.
LAST WEEK’S GOALS
Before I can think about planning ahead for this week, I have to take a look at last week’s goals and see how I did. I was surprised that I was actually able to achieve some of mine and as expected, I missed the mark on some. That is normal and so what do I do? I try and try again! We’re all human and none of us can do it all – but we can give it our best shot!
1. Clean out 2011 paperwork and shred items no longer needed, file those away we need – STILL IN PROCESS
2. Jot down list of items donating and call for pickup – DONE!
3. Create a paperwork notebook (and share details on how I did that) – STILL IN PROCESS
*Item Added – accounting reports required – DONE
1. Spend time just playing with new apps/games on my phone – DONE
2. Schedule massage – STILL PENDING
3. Download a new book and start reading – NOT DONE
* Item Added – shop for scrapbook supplies
LONG – TERM (6 months+)
1. Increase Subscribership to Penny Pinchin’ Mom by 25% by 12/31/12 – have noticed slight increase since 1/1/2012
2. Save for trip to Disney with the kids by 12/1/12
3. Save to finish off the basement for additional family living space.
THIS WEEK’S GOALS
Now that I’ve claimed ownership on what I did not get done this past week, here’s what I want to get done this week:
1. Clean out tax papers and prepare for 2012.
2. Clean out master bedroom closest.
1. Finish additional year end reports.
1. Scrapbook about 4 – 6 pages.
2. Spend 2 nights unplugged from phone and PC.
Same goals as above
Are you ready now to set your goals? Let’s work together and help one another achieve the goals that we set all year long. I have faith that we can do it!