Soon it will be time to dig out your ladder and begin hanging the Christmas lights. If you find that yours are needing to be replaced, a great time to do it might be November 5th – 15th at Home Depot. They are offering a Christmas light trade-in of $3.00 off of the purchase price — which means only $2.97 for your lights!
Here are the features of using the new LED bulb:
* Uses 80% less energy than traditional incandescent holiday lights
* ENERGY STAR® qualified
* Can last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent lights
* Cool to the touch, reducing the risk of fire
* Do not have moving parts, filaments or glass, so they are much more durable shock-resistant than other lights
* The amount of electricity consumed by just one 7-watt incandescent bulb could power 140 LEDs- enough to light two 24 foot strings
What is great is that Home Depot will recycle the lights you bring in – so they will not end up in a landfill. Here is what is done to recycle Christmas lights:
* The light bulb coupler and the socket plug are manually clipped
* Three byproducts result and four categories of raw materials
* Each byproduct is independently shredded for separation, returning glass, HDPE plastics , and non-ferrous copper as well as ferrous steel
* The prepared separated raw materials are then sent to licensed smelters for re-casting or re-molding, all in accordance with local, state and Federal statutes
Thanks Money Saving Madness!