We’re continuing with our week of Guest Posts from some bloggers with whom I enjoy working. One thing I hate to spend money on is dryer sheets or even dryer bars. Stockpiling Moms had a reader share a GREAT way to make your own sheets.
1. Start with some bright colored terry rags, so that it easy to spot in a load of clothes. (However, you can use any color).
2. Pour fabric softener into a bucket or bowl. Soak the rag in the fabric softener for about 5 minutes.
3. Let the rags soak in the fabric softener for 5 minutes.
4. Wring out the fabric softener.
5. Hang up the “dryer sheets” to dry or you can use it wet if you need it right away.
6. Add to the dryer like you would a dryer sheet. Use them 4-5 times, then just repeat these steps again.
7. Pour the remaining fabric softener back into the bottle to reuse the next time.
She says that this allows you to use the same bottle of fabric softener for months!
Melissa taught Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) on the high school level for 11 years before becoming a mom. In June 2005 after her son came home from Guatemala, she made the decision to leave her career and become a SAHM. In order to achieve this goal and live on one income, her family had to make some drastic changes in their lifestyle. Her hope is through StockpilingMoms.com, she will be able to help others join her on the journey to frugal living.