On cold days there’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup! This Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe is one of our family favorites and it’s so simple you’re going to want to make it a part of your regular menu rotation! It’s just like eating a ham and cheese sandwich, but in a bowl with a spoon!
This soup is also great because you just dump everything in the pot and let it cook. There’s not multiple pans you need to put things in for this Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe, so there’s less to clean up too. This is one of our family favorites, and I’m sure it will be one of yours soon too!
Ham and Cheese Potato Soup
2 16 oz bags of frozen cubed, raw potatoes with onions
16 oz Velveeta cheese
12 oz cubed ham, fully cooked
1 cup heavy cream
Salt & pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and fill the pot with water until the potatoes are covered.
- Add in the ham.
- Place the potatoes on high to boil until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Cut up the Velveeta into 1″ cubes, and combine with the hevay cream and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Whisk the cheese and the cream together until they form a cheesy sauce.
- Dump the cheesy sauce into the potatoes and ham and mix well (do not drain water off potatoes and ham).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
If you like this Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe, you should check out these posts: