There is nothing as tasty as ham and potato soup. Well, that is unless you add cheese!!! Cheese makes anything better, doesn’t it?
On cold days there’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup! This simple soup is one of our family’s favorite recipes. In fact, it is so easy that you will add it to your weekly meal plan too!
I tend to make this with our leftover ham. It is the perfect way to use up what you may have in your fridge after Christmas or Easter. While some recipes require a slow cooker and hours to prepare, this one takes no longer than the time it takes to boil potatoes!
Another thing that I love about this recipe is that it is a one-pan dinner. This ham and cheese potato soup is one of the simplest soup recipes you’ll try.
More delicious soup recipes to try:Print
Ham and Cheese Potato Soup
Ham and cheese potato soup is like having ham and scalloped potatoes in soup form. It is dang delicious.
- 2 – 16 oz bags of frozen cubed, raw potatoes (with or without onions)
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese
- 12 oz cubed ham, fully cooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes and ham in a large pot. Fill with water until the potatoes are covered.
- Cook on high, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Cut Velveeta into 1″ cubes, and combine with the heavy cream and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Whisk the cheese and the cream together until they form a cheesy sauce.
- Dump the cheesy sauce into the potatoes and ham and mix well (do not drain water off potatoes and ham).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot (with fresh homemade bread)