I am a big fan of easy and delicious meals. This Hambuger Onion Pie is one of those. It takes just a few minutes to prepare and you will be sitting down to dinner in less than one hour from start to finish.
Hamburger Onion Pie Recipe
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 cup of bisquick
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 medium onions chopped (can do less)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Accent (optional)
- 2 Tbs. Bisquick
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Mix the first two ingredients and knead for 15 – 30 seconds until well blended.
- Roll out with rolling pin and then place into pie pan.
- Next, brown the ground beef (or turkey), onions, salt, pepper and Accent until meat is browned.
- Drain excess fat and return to pan.
- Stir in the Bisquick.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Combine the eggs and cottage cheese and spread over the top of the meat mixture in the pan.
- Bake at 375 for 40 – 45 minutes (until topping is set and doesn’t “wiggle” and edges are golden brown).
- Allow to cool and then cut into 8 pieces and serve.
- Top with ketchup or other condiments.
Place pie plate on cookie sheet while baking so if it boils over, it will not drip into the bottom of your oven.