Broccoli tots. This is the secret to getting your kids to eat their vegetables!!!
I always like to slip in vegetables and fruits when my family won’t notice it, or when they can be blended with other foods they really enjoy. These Healthy Broccoli Tots are absolutely delicious, and they’re loaded with tons of healthy ingredients for your family!
The best thing about these is that they only have a few ingredients, so they are quick to throw together. I love how crispy these are on the outside, and how soft they are on the inside. You can eat these by themselves, or dip them in ketchup like you would a regular tater tot. They’re a great side to a lot of different meals, and a favorite in our house!
Other dishes to try:Print
Healthy Broccoli Tots
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Category: Side
- 1 large head broccoli
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Peel and chop the potatoes into one inch cubes.
- Cut the stems of the broccoli, and add it to a large pot of boiling water.
- Add the potatoes to the pot with it.
- Salt the water to taste, and let it boil until the potatoes and broccoli are soft.
- Drain the water from the vegetables, and add them to a food processor.
- Use the food processor to process the broccoli and potatoes into a smooth consistency.
- Add the processed vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add in the egg and breadcrumbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the ingredients together with a fork.
- Set your oven to the high broiler setting.
- Use a spoon to dollop the mixture onto a greased baking sheet.
- Place it under the broiler for 8-10 minutes, or until the outsides are crispy and golden brown.
- Allow them to cool for five minutes before serving.
- Salt and pepper to taste.