Pizza is delicious. But, it is not always the most healthy food option out there. These zucchini pizza bites give you all of the flavors you want without so much guilt!
One of my favorite foods is pizza. I am not ashamed to admit it. Of course, pizza is not one of the foods that we consider to be healthy.
However, there is a way to turn this junk food into a healthy one — that you and your kids will love! These healthy zucchini pizza bites combine the love of pizza with a bit of healthy eating making the perfect combination!
Other snack ideas:Print
Healthy Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Category: Kid Friendly
- Two large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni pieces, optional
- Italian seasoning, for sprinkling
- Lightly mist both sides of zucchini rounds lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil or grill the zucchini rounds (I used a grill pan set to medium-high) for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place cooked zucchini rounds on a large lined baking sheet.
- Top with small amounts of sauce, cheese, and pepperoni pieces. (Optional).
- Broil on low for 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and serve warm.