Healthy Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Category: Kid Friendly
- Two large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni pieces, optional
- Italian seasoning, for sprinkling
- Lightly mist both sides of zucchini rounds lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil or grill the zucchini rounds (I used a grill pan set to medium-high) for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place cooked zucchini rounds on a large lined baking sheet.
- Top with small amounts of sauce, cheese, and pepperoni pieces. (Optional).
- Broil on low for 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and serve warm.