It is just about the time for full-fledged holiday shopping to begin. In an attempt to get even more of your business, many merchants offer price matching. It is important to understand all of these policies at your favorite retailers to help you get the most of your money!
Target always offers price matching. They have made a few changes over the holidays, to help you (hopefully) shop more with them! Here is what you need to know about the Target 2014 Price Matching Policy:
- The original Target receipt must be brought in when requesting the price match by Dec. 24.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
- For matching Target.com, the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested. Target.com pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
- For matching competitor ads, the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested.
- For matching online competitors, the retail price must be shown on your mobile device or by bringing in a printed page showing the current price. Online competitor pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
- Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date and retail price, and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
- We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
- Competitor online items must be in stock at the time price match is requested.
- Prices from other Target stores.
- Price matches for prices offered Nov. 27 through Dec. 1 in the Target circular, Target.com or any competitor ad and online prices are excluded.
As just shared, Walmart will be price matching online retailers now! Here is what you need to know about Walmart’s Price Matching.
- Standard price matching policies apply.
- If you purchase an item at Walmart and then find a lower prices, bring in the receipt or competitor’s print ad and they will give you the difference on a Walmart gift card.
- Exclusions include Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday prices, expired ads, and ads with gift cards.
- Walmart.com will not price match items purchased on Walmart.com between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday.
- The ad match only applies to local competitor’s print ads and does not include online pricing; except for purchases made at Walmart.com.
This holiday season, Best Buy will match online retailers as well. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
- Price matching is limited to electronics and appliances.
- Customers must ask for the reduced price, which will be granted based upon judgment of employees on the sales floor.
- Price matching excludes gift card offers, BestBuy.com clearance, Marketplace items and items on sale from Thanksgiving Day through the following Monday (December 1st).
- Read more at BestBuy.com.
TOYS R US / BABIES R US
Another store getting in on the Price Matching game is Toys R Us / Babies R Us. Here are the holiday price matching details:
- The ad must be a current / valid print ad from the store.
- They will not match on-ine prices/deals; unless it is it’s own store and they will match their own on-line prices.
- Customers have up to seven days to bring in a purchased item to get a price adjustment.
- Items known to be limited quantities are excluded.
- They will not match Thanksgiving Day nor Black Friday prices.