We are moving closer to holiday shopping. One thing many merchants offer in order to get your business is price matching. However, most of them make changes to these policies during the busiest shopping week of the year (Black Week).
It is important to understand all of these policies at your favorite retailers to help you get the most of your money!
Target always offers price matching. They have made a few changes over the holidays, to help you (hopefully) shop more with them!
- The original Target receipt must be brought in when requesting the price match by Dec. 24.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
- For matching Target.com, the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested. Target.com pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
- For matching competitor ads, the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested.
- For matching online competitors, the retail price must be shown on your mobile device or by bringing in a printed page showing the current price. Online competitor pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
- Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date and retail price, and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
- We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
- Competitor online items must be in stock at the time price match is requested.
- Prices from other Target stores.
- Price matches for prices offered Nov. 26 through Nov. 30 in the Target circular, Target.com or any competitor ad and online prices are excluded.
Walmart has one of the most generous price matching policies and they continue that during the entire holiday season. There are only a few exceptions to this policy.
- They will price match as long as the same item and size is in stock at your store – so make sure it is the exact same size and item (close will not work here).
- They will price match only during the time of the sale. That means if it is a doorbuster at another store for 4 hours, you can only price match at Walmart during those same 4 hours.
- They will match retailers in your area. That means if you see a deal at Toys R Us and you do not have on close to where you live they will not match that. If you have questions, you need to consult with the manager.
- They will not match any promotional offers, such as free gift card with purchase.
- The price must be stated in the ad for the match. That means if they say it is “$10 off”, they will not match the price.
- They will match online competitor prices; however, the item must be in stock at the time of the price match.
- They will Make sure that your item is the exact same item (quantity, size, etc); must be in stock; must match DURING
- You will not be able to price match at Walmart.com from Nov. 26 – Nov. 30.
This holiday season, Best Buy will match online retailers as well. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
- Price matching is limited to electronics and appliances.
- Customers must ask for the reduced price, which will be granted based upon judgment of employees on the sales floor.
- Price matching excludes gift card offers, BestBuy.com clearance, Marketplace items and items on sale from Thanksgiving Day through the following Monday (November 30th).
- Read more at BestBuy.com.
TOYS R US / BABIES R US
Another store getting in on the Price Matching game is Toys R Us / Babies R Us. Here are the holiday price matching details:
- The ad must be a current / valid print ad from the store.
- They will not match on-ine prices/deals; unless it is it’s own store and they will match their own on-line prices.
- Customers have up to seven days to bring in a purchased item to get a price adjustment.
- Items known to be limited quantities are excluded.
- They will not match during the week of Black Friday from Sunday, Nov. 22 through Cyber Monday, Nov 30. Head HERE to read all of the exclusions.