When I think fall, one food that comes to mind is apples. Apple cider, apple butter, apple pie…..all things apple. One thing you may love and think is difficult to make is apple jam. You might be surprised at just how easily you can make this yourself (without all of the preservatives and additives you find in the store bought items).Print
Homemade Apple Jam
- Category: Breakfast
- 6 large crisp apples
- 2 cups of apple cider
- 1 box of Pectin
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tbs of cinnamon
- 4 8oz mason jars or 8 4oz jars
- Peel and finely chop apples.
- In a large sauce pan place apples.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and apple cider.
- Over a medium heat let fruit cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once it comes to a boil add one package of fruit pectin.
- Stir fruit so it does not stick.
- Continue cooking over a medium heat until sauce becomes thick.
- Ladle into mason jars.
- Put on lids and put in the fridge.
- Let cool for 1-2 hours.
If you do not like chunks, use a potato masher, immersion blender or food processor for about 1 minute.