Comfort food is best served when it’s cool outside. As the temperatures drop, I find myself reaching for those comfort food recipes more often. This Homemade Chicken Pot Pie recipe doesn’t ever disappoint, and it’s a favorite around our house!
I always serve Homemade Chicken Pot Pie with some homemade mashed potatoes, but you could serve it alone too! This is also great reheated the next day too. I love that this recipe uses store bought crust, so I don’t have to worry about making dough too. This recipe comes together pretty quickly, so it’s perfect for a weeknight meal.
Other recipes to warm you up include:
- 2-Pack of Refreigerated Pie Crust
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a large skilet, combine the peas, carrots, onions, garlic, and butter and cook on medium/high heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Add in the chicken stock and heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and continue cooking and stirring until the mixture has thickened to a chowder-like consistency.
- Add in the chicken and stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place one of the pie crusts into a deep dish 9" pie pan.
- Pour in the pot pie mixture and spread it evenly.
- Top the pie pan with the second crust, and trim any excess pie crust from the edges.
- Use a knife to pierce the top of the pie crust to allow any excess moisture to escape.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cook for 10 minutes before serving.