Do your kids love silly puddy, gak, slime or any of those? I know all of my kids do and even more so they love making it themselves! This recipe for Gak is super easy to make…we made it once all together and then each of my kids were able to make it themselves while I simply supervised!
This is really a great summer project for the kids. Not only is it good “experimentally” but it’s great exploratory learning and following directions!
Other kids DIY ideas:
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup Elmer’s glue (2 bottles)
- liquid food coloring (4-10 drops depending on the color you would like)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon borax
- In a small bowl mix hot water and borax together. Let sit until completely dissolved.
- In a larger bowl mix the cold water, glue, and food coloring together.
- Slowly poor borax mixture into the glue mixture. As you stir you will see it immediately begins to solidify. Once you get the consistency you are aiming for stop adding water and allow gak/flubber to sit for 2 minutes (you can play with it during this time…but it is through this time you will fully know it’s final constancy).
- Pour out remaining or excess water.
- Store in an airtight container.