Homemade ice cream sandwiches are easy to make — especially when they don’t even contain ice cream! This is an easy FUN treat you and your kids can enjoy this summer. You can easily make your own ice cream sandwiches (for much less than you’ll pay for those in the store). You need just a few items to make these!
These ice cream sandwiches are simple to make and require just TWO ingredients – graham crackers and cool whip! That’s it!
We love these sandwiches because they are a refreshing treat that does not have all the sugar and calories of traditional ice cream sandwiches. If you happen to be watching your food intake, these are a way to get a sweet treat, without the guilt!
Check out these other kid-approved recipes:Print
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Graham Crackers
- Cool Whip
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Break the graham cracker in half.
- Spread cool whip around 1/2″ – 3/4″ thick on one side.
- Put the top on to make a sandwich.
- If you wish, pour sprinkles into a bowl and dip each side of the sandwich until coated.
- Freeze for 2 – 3 hours and then enjoy!!
Use strawberry cool whip with regular graham crackers to make strawberry sandwiches. Yum!!!