September 16 – 20th is Home School Week at Crown Center in Kansas City. This is a great opportunity for Home School kids and their parents to take advantage of special workshops and rates to all Crown Center area attractions.
Each attraction has organized special attractions which will aid in the homeschool curriculum and give children a hands-on experience. Some of these include:
- The Coterie – Get one youth ticket free with the purchase of a full-price adult ticket to a performance of Red Badge of Variations.
- Hallmark Visitors Center – Homeschool families will receive a Hallmark recordable artwork canvas art kit.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City – Homeschool families will receive a discounted rate of $7.50 (ages 3-12) or $8.50 (ages 12-18) per student and $10 per adult. Educational workshops are available on a first-come, first-serve basis daily.
- Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City – Students can learn about the economy through interactive exhibits that explore banking and payments. Guests will receive a free bag of shredded currency.
- National World War I Museum – Homeschool students will receive a discounted rate of $3 per ticket that includes a trip to the Liberty Memorial Tower and a complimentary guided tour of the museum beginning at 10:00 a.m. each day.
- SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium – Homeschool families will receive a discounted rate of $7.50 (ages 3-12) or $8.50 (ages 12-18) per student and $10 per adult. Educational workshops are available on a first-come, first-serve basis daily.
- Union Station-Kansas City – All homeschool groups will receive the discounted group rate to all Union Station-Science City attractions, including the Real Pirates Exhibit, Science City, Extreme Screen Theatre and the Gottlieb Planetarium. Free walk-up workshops are included with Science City admission and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center and The Westin Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center – Special overnight packages are available at both hotels that include tickets to SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City, the National World War I Museum and special exhibits at Union Station.
Make sure to add this to your calendar for next week so you don’t miss out on any of these attractions and offers!