You don’t need to go to a sub shop to get amazing baked subs. These Hot Baked Italian Subs are so simple to make, but are absolutely delicious! I love that I can just throw them all in a pan together, and then stick them in the oven, and when they come out dinner is ready! They’re much cheaper than going to a sub shop as well, at only about $2 per full size sub! I love when I can make a frugal meal for my family, that’s easy and just as good as restaurant food.
These go great with a side salad, or even chips or french fries! You can even custom make each one of these sandwiches with the toppings each person likes if you want, as you make them. We’re pretty simple and like the basic meat, cheese, and sub oil, but you could add olives, peppers, spinach, hot sauce and more! We also dip ours in marinara sauce, and it takes these sandwiches right over the top!
Other simple recipe ideas:Print
Hot Baked Italian Subs
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 27 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- 1/2 lb hard salami, cut thick
- 1/2 lb deli pepperoni, cut thick
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 6 sub rolls
- Submarine oil
- Marinara dipping sauce (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Fit your sub rolls into a 9×9 baking dish.
- In each sub roll, you will put about three slices of salami, two slices of cheese, and two slices of pepperoni.
- Finish the subs off with the submarine oil drizzled over the top.
- Bake them at 375 for ten minutes.
- Set your broiler to high and let them finish off for 1-2 minutes to make them nice and crispy.
- Dip your Hot Baked Italian Subs into warm marinara sauce as you eat for best results.
If you liked this recipe, you would also like these too: