I’ve heard this over and over again — I want the Facebook coupons, but I am not on Facebook — so how can I get them? Simply put, you can’t. However, there is an easy way to get some of the coupons and deals that are shared through Facebook, even if you “don’t do Facebook.”
Of course, some of you need to join FBA aka Facebooker Anonymous. Then some of you just choose not to set up an account, and that is perfectly fine too. I know that there also many of you are interested, but aren’t sure about Facebook and privacy of your personal information. There is an easy way to set up an account (and some tips to keep yourself safe if you already have one).
- Set up an account using only your first and middle name. Or, combine your children’s first names. Heck, even use your DOG’S name. Nothing on Facebook says you have to set up the account using your legal name.
- Create a hotmail account and use that for your facebook login. By doing this, you are not providing any link to your personal email account.
- When you set up your account, give as little information as you can. You don’t have to divulge much of any information about yourself.
- Once in Facebook, click on Privacy Settings (under Account). Click on Connecting on Facebook. You can change the settings on how people can find you by allowing Everyone, only Friends of Friends or only your Friends to see anything about you. You control what people see.
- While still in Privacy Settings, check your Sharing information. You will want to make sure that you have all items set on Friends Only. This means your photos or anything else you happen to post will be only visible to the people you friend and want to see your information.
- You want to be sure that you are secure on Facebook. To check this, select Account and Account Settings. Under the Settings scroll down to find Account Security. You want to check ON browse secrure whenever possible.
- Go back to Accounts and this time select Account Settings. Click on Notifcations. You can uncheck EVERYTHING in here so that you get no emails, notifications or anything when anything happens on your account. This can keep your inbox from getting cluttered (even if it isn’t your personal account).
- Many times you will find that applications on Facebook require them to access your information. If you have very little available, there is little to access. The beauty part is that the minute you get the coupon, you can actually go in and delete the app. To do this:Go to Account
Scroll down to find where it says Apps and Websites and click edit below that
Under Apps you Use – click the Edit Settings Button
Go to the end of the row of the app and click the “x” button – this will remove the app and access to your profile and information
Just by being smart about Facebook, you don’t have to miss out on all of the great offers and coupons that are available. Social Media is the newest trend and Facebook is a great way to find ways to help you save.