Everytime you turn around lately, it seems Facebook is changing one thing or another. If you are frustrated – you are not alone! However, there is good news!! You can actually update your settings and create customized lists so that you never miss out on any updates from your favorite money saving sites!
SORTING ITEMS IN YOUR NEWSFEED
If you have noticed that the most recent posts are not coming in at the top of your newsfeed, you are not alone. However, there is a SUPER simple fix available. This new features is being rolled out to accounts, so if you can’t find it on your wall yet, be patient, it is coming! Here is how to get your newsfeed to show the most recent posts for you:
1. Go to your Wall and look for this image right above your feed:
2. Click arrow by sort and from the drop down, choose Recent Stories First.
Once you do that, you should now see the most recent posts come up at the top of your feed! Whew!!!
Another new feature which is very helpful is Lists. To find this, check the sidebar from your news feed. If you click this, you will see some lists which have already been created. One of these is pages. What is great is that you can add or remove pages to include only those you really want to see. Then, when you log into Facebook, you can quickly go into your lists, click the one for your pages and you’ll see all of the posts come up.
You can create custom lists to find your favorite people/pages more quickly. Here is how to do just that:
- Click on Lists from the sidebar.
- Click on Create a list.
- Name the list what you would like to – I am calling mine Money Saving Sites:
- Click Add Friends to the list to see their updates.
- When this page comes up, click the drop down menu that says FRIENDS and change it to PAGES
- Select the pages you want to see and then click DONE
- Now, you will see this in your side bar
- When you click on Money Saving Sites you will catch ONLY the pages you really want to see
Hopefully I’ve helped you figure out how to put the new features to work for you to make it easier to navigate the site. As much as I’m not a fan of the new layout, I know I’m stuck with it and have to learn how to make it work for me!