Make dinner in ONE PAN and simply with this recipe for Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole!
I’m a huge fan of one pan meals, especially during the school year. Not only are they easy to throw together, but they’re easy for clean-up too. This Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole is delicious and is so simple. I use homemade mashed potatoes and fry the bacon, but you could make this dish much quicker by using instant mashed potatoes and pre-cooked bacon.
Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole combines two of my favorite things: loaded baked potatoes, and meatloaf. It’s easy comfort food that makes enough to feed your family, and maybe even enough for leftovers for lunch the next day!
Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole
Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole Recipe
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 cups of mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the hamburger, egs, and dry onion soup mix.
- Mix it together using your hands until thoroughly blended.
- Spread the mixture in a greased 9×13 pan and bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- While it’s baking, cup the bacon into 1″ pieces, an fry until crispy.
- Drain the grease from the bacon and set aside.
- Make 6 cups of homemade mashed potatoes (if making fresh, that’s about 7-8 potatoes) and set aside.
- Once the meatloaf has baked for 25 minutes, remove it from the oven and drain the grease.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the top of the meatloaf. Then top the mashed potatoes with the cheese, and the cheese with the bacon.
- Bake the entire mixture at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.