If you live in Kansas City, you may or may not have heard of Locavore. This is a local produce program which gives you fresh, locally grown or raised, produce, meat and eggs weekly. What is great is that it supports your local farmers, plus you get the freshest items.
Here are the details of the program:
GROWERS’ ALLIANCE CSA – Membership Benefits Include:
- $25 Membership Fee entitles you to a CSA Locavore T-Shirt, 2 Koozies, 1 Measure Magnet and 2 Reuseable Tote Bags & 2 Tote Tags.
- Each week you will pay $25 for a selection of locally raised farm fresh products including meat, cheese, fruits, vegetables, milk, eggs, and many other items.
- Newsletters, crop updates, special events, promotional pricing, storage information, recipes, and what’s in the bag each week will be available on our website – www.henhouse.com. We preserve the environment by not printing this information.
- Program runs for 18 weeks from May 28th through September 28th.
- You have a choice of two pickup times – Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM or Wednesday from 5 PM to 7 PM.
- Available in all Hen House Markets & Lee’s Summit, MO Price Chopper.
If you are interested, you can get more information and sign up here.