Did you know that you can actually get PAID for using your activity tracker? It’s true! Whether you use a FitBit, Jawbone, VivoFit or other tracker, you might be able to make money? It’s true! You exercise and these companies reward you for your efforts.
Here are some of the programs you will want to check out and then sign up so you can get started earning!
- Visit Walgreens.com and sign up for a Balance Rewards Account (if you do not already have one).
- Once you have your card, create (or sign into) your account.
- From the main screen, click on Account Home.
- Scroll down to find Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices (Steps) and click the blue button EARN POINTS.
- Click through the screens sharing information. Next you can click on connect a Fitness Tracker (so it updates for you automatically).
- Select the type of tracker you are using.
- Finally, you will redirect to FitBit’s site and need to ALLOW the app to run (pink button).
- Now, as you walk, you will earn points!
This is another awesome app you can use to earn rewards.
- Visit AchieveMint and click on Register at the top of the page.
- Enter your information on the first screen.
- Next, you will see a link to connect your AchieveMint account to your FitBit account. Click there and follow the steps.
- You earn points for the activities you complete and when you reach 50,000 points, you will get a $50 Visa Card!!
I love that you don’t have to do anything more than just walk to build up those points!
Another site that pays you with rewards is Leap4Life. This works the same as the other apps. As an added bonus, when you get friends to sign up using your challenge link, you will earn additional points!
Once you have accumulated enough points, you can cash them in for free products from various health and fitness companies or redeem them for cash.
Join Leap4Life for free.
4. Every Move
This is a health rewards program which allows you to earn points via your FitBit (and other methods). You might even check with your insurance company or employer as some of them will even MATCH the points you earn!
- Visit EveryMove.org and click the SIGN UP button.
- Once your account is set up, you will be redirected to a page which shows various devices, including the FitBit. Click to connect your account.
- After connected, you will then go and can add your Health Plan, Employer or even college (where you may earn bonus points or additional rewards if they participate). If you do not have these, you can just skip that step.
What was great is that when I signed up, it went back and grabbed some of my prior activity, which added in some “retro-active” points for me!
The only down side to this one is that you don’t earn free items, but rather discounts on those products you may want to purchase.
Higi is an interesting app because it will allow you to earn points to redeem towards products, or, if you prefer, make a donation to a charity!
- Visit higi.com and click the green SIGN UP button.
- Fill out the profile information.
- When you get to the screen to connect your device, click on the FitBit link.
- Follow the steps to link your account.
- Once you reach points, you can either cash them in towards discount codes or donate to a charity instead.
The great thing is that most of these apps will also work with any device you have, allowing you to earn money while staying active!
6. Pact app
Pact is a membership website/phone app you use to make a pact and place bets against others in order to stay committed to your goals.
You will need to sign up with your credit card. Once you do, you determine the number of workouts you will do each week. In addition to that, you also indicate the fine you will be charge if you happen to miss one.
Each Sunday, Pact divides up all of the fines from those who skipped workouts and pays it out to those who didn’t.
Do you know of other ways to make money with your activity tracker?
If so, I’d love for you to share them in the comments below.