Earlier today, I shared with you all how to get out of debt. One of the things I mentioned was to sell things you no longer need. It just so happens (if you live in the Kansas City Metro area) that you can actually make some money this weekend on your unwanted jewelry.
This weekend, January 23rd, the Blue River Watershed Association is having a Gold Rush Party! Come bring in your unwanted jewelry, enjoy some wine and cheese and make a little money while you are at it. Here are the details:
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Toad’s Pub & Perk
12056 W. 135th Street
Overland Park, KS
Not sure what this is all about? Hopefully this Q&A can help!
Absolutely not! If you find out that you won’t make what you want from your jewelry, you can just take it with you. No obligation.
But my jewelry has stones in it. They’ll keep that too, right?
Actually, they won’t. If you have jewels or stones set in the gold, they will actually remove it and give that back to you.
What if my jewelry is damaged or missing (i.e. only one earring)? Will they accept that?
Yep! It doesn’t matter what the quality is. As long as the gold is at least 14k+, they may make you an offer.
I see that this is hosted by the Blue River Watershed Association (BRWA). What are they making from this event?
80% of what your item brings will be given back to you . BRWA will get the other 20% as a donation.
What if I can’t make it, but would like to sell my gold?
Actually no you won’t! If you get in touch with Leslie Alford (email@example.com) or 816-739-2023, she can make arrangements to help get your items to the gold sale.
Do I have to do anything special with my items before I sell them?
No, you can bring them in as they are (cleaned, damaged, etc). Just place your items in a plastic baggie — separated by gold and silver.
Remember, gold is very high in value right now, so this is a great way to clean out that jewelry box, get some cash and even help a great non-profit organization all at the same time! If you don’t live in Kansas City, there are plenty of gold brokers who you can sell your items to — just be sure that you do your homework and check out the company before you sell your goodies!
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Leslie Alford (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 816-739-2023.
Keep up with all of the coupons, deals and freebies by subscribing to KC Penny Pinchin’ Mama’s daily e-mail digests or RSS Reader. You can even get up to the minute updates through our Fan Page on Facebook or Tweets on Twitter. Thanks for visiting!