This peppermint bark recipe is the absolute best! Make this homemade peppermint bark for your next holiday party. It is not only easy to make but also completely addictive!
You can tailor the recipe to add as little or as much sprinkled peppermint candy that you want. You can also opt to make it all white or milk chocolate. That is the great thing about this peppermint bark recipe – you can tailor it to make it your very own!
The recipe calls for a double boiler, but if you do not have one, you can make one yourself. Add about 1-2″ of water to a pan and boil it. Place a metal bowl over the top of the pan and the steam from the boiling water will melt the chocolate.
Check out these other delicious holiday desserts:Print
Homemade Peppermint Bark Recipe
12 oz white chocolate pieces 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate pieces 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (split in half) 4-5 candy canes, crushed
- Cuisine: Candy
- 12 oz white chocolate pieces
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (split in half)
- 4-5 candy canes, crushed
- Melt milk chocolate with a double boiler.
- Once chocolate is melted add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Pour melted milk chocolate into a 9 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Put pan in the refrigerator to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate using the same double boiler method as above.
- Once the white chocolate is fully melted, add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and mix well.
- Pour white chocolate over top the milk chocolate to create a layer.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Once the peppermint bark is completely hardened removed from the refrigerator and either break the bark apart with your hands to create a more rustic look or use a sharp knife to make clean cut squares.
- Store in an air tight container in a cool room or refrigerator for up to 1 month.Mel