My son, like so many other kids his age, is obsessed with all things Minecraft. That lead us to plan a Minecraft party for one of his birthday parties. The boys had the most fun playing the Minecraft Scavenger Hunt.
We placed different riddles around the house and sent them around to find them all. At the end of the journey, they received their Minecraft Prize package – which also served as their goodie bag for the party!
I picked up small gold and white foil bags at Target as well as larger plastic bags. I also picked up some candy, which we “transformed” into Minecraft props!
- Black, Red and Blue M&Ms became Coal, Red Ore and Diamonds
- Mini Starbursts and Mini Twizzlers were building blocks and TNT
- Green and Purple Skittles became Creeper Poop
We added in some striped straws in the bags and then tied them closed with curly ribbon. The boys were THRILLED with their prizes and of course, being seven year old boys, thought getting Minecraft poop was hilarious!
You can easily create your own. I’ve set up a template with clues you can cut yourself to make your own game. In fact, I’ve even created one version that you can customize yourself to add your own clue destinations!
- Minecraft Scavenger Hunt (Print and Snip)
- Minecraft Scavenger Hunt (Customize with your own clues and then Print and Snip)
Whatever you plan to do for your own party, just make it fun for your kids!