Once you try Mississipi roast, you’ll never cook a pot roast any other way again. Not only is it bursting with flavor, but it is also one of the easiest dishes to make! Just toss it into a crockpot, and it let it get cooking.
If you haven’t tried this Mississippi pot roast recipe, I recommend doing so ASAP! There is no prep and it takes just FIVE ingredients! Be careful though – as your family may ask for it time and time again!!
Toss the ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning, and it will be ready in time for dinner. It is the slow cook that makes Mississippi pot roast so good. That gives the flavors more time to meld together and make your roast super tender.
I have had some questions about the peperonici peppers. If you are concerned they will make the dish spicy, don’t. All they do is add more flavor to your meat. I don’t recommend not using them as it can make a difference (at least from my experience).
I love this simple crock pot roast recipe because it’s simple and always a crowd pleaser. Add roasted veggied and mashed potatoes for the perfect meal. Top it off with buttery bear bread and croissant bread pudding for the perfect meal!
Mississippi Roast Recipe
Mississippi roast beef is a crowd pleaser that is easy to make any night of the week. A few ingredients in your slow cooker and dinner is ready when you get home from work.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 mins
- 1 chuck roast
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 packet of dry au jus gravy mix (I use McCormick)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5-6 pepperoncini peppers
- Place the uncooked chuck roast in a crockpot.
- Slather roast with the Hidden Valley dry ranch seasoning mix and au jus mix.
- Place a stick of butter and 5-6 pepperoncini peppers on top of the roast.
- Cook on for 8 hours on low or 5 hours on high.
- When finished, use two forks and shred the meat (remove any fatty pieces).
- Serve and enjoy!!!
You can add carrots, celery, mushrooms and other vegetables to the pot if you want to make an entire meal.