Let’s face it, after just a week of summer vacation, this is a phrase that many moms start to hear on a regular basis. So, here are a few things you can do to help beat the summer time boredom.
1. Make a water obstacle course. Set up lawn chairs with sprinklers come up through the middle, a small pool to have to jump over, a slip and slide — get creative! I know that just by switching up the boring lawn sprinkler, can create hours of fun for my kids.
2. Have craft day. Check out the Knack at Michaels for different events they are offering. You can also look around in the $1.00 bins for foam stickers, sun visors, flip flops and other fun things you can get for next to nothing for the kids to have a fun craft.
Also don’t forget that in the summer we have Father’s Day and Independence Day — so chances for the kids to make home made cards which are more special than the store bought ones and also a lot less expensive!
3. Try a Summer Movie Deal.
There are two AMC Theatres in the KC Metro area participating in Summer Camp. They offer $1.00 movies on Wednesdays and then have reduced snack prices as well.
There are also a few Dickinson Theatres participating in the Summer Movie Series. These movies are sold as a package for $12.50, or you can purchase individual tickets for just $2.50 each.
4. Check out your local library. There are always lots of things going on like story time and adventure series. Just click here and find the one closest to you to see what you can do.
5. Check with your church or one close by for Bible Camp. These are lots of fun for kids. It gives you a break (BONUS) while they are away for a few hours and keeps them entertained.
6. Go Bowling. There are lots of places offering free bowling this summer. Click on your state here to find out which centers are participating in this offer.
Why don’t you share your summertime boredom cures with me by leaving a comment? If I love it, I’ll make a post about it and give you credit….so if you have your own blog/site, be sure to include it as well so that I can direct traffic your way!!!