This is another fun after school snack for your kids! Monster M&M Cookies!!! What I love most about this recipe is that it is a base. You can use the main recipe and then mix in just about anything you want! We opted for chocolate chips and M&Ms for my kids, but you can personalize it with raisins, Heath bits, nuts — just about anything you may want in a cookie!
Jumbo Mix-In Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of shortening
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 Tbs. baking soda
- Mix in (M&Ms, Chocolate Chips, etc — amount to own personal preference)
- Mix the first 3 ingredients.
- Add in the shortening until well blended.
- Combine the flour and baking soda and mix until blended (if your dough still rather sticky, you may want to add in more flour).
- Fold in your M&Ms or other item(s).
- Place by rounded teaspoons onto a cookie sheet (line with parchment paper to avoid burning and sticking).
- Bake at 350 for 8 – 10 minutes – or until edges are browned.
- Serve with cold milk – yum!!!