Mother’s Day is a holiday which can often hit your budget. However, that is not always the case if you follow some of these great budget-friendly ideas!
To be honest, most moms just want a simple thanks for all you do and to be thought of. And, if you really want to make her smile, make sure you do something that doesn’t cost money and comes from your heart. Here are some ideas:
EASY AND FREE
1. Make Mom Breakfast in Bed. Something so simple can be the perfect way to start off her day. Just make her favorite foods and serve it to her with a smile on your face.
2. Opt for a home made bouquet. Go out into the garden and pick some fresh flowers, if you have them. And, believe it or not, even a bouquet of yellow dandelions will warm Mom’s heart.
3. Give her a call.Your mom just wants to hear from you. A simple phone call can make her day.
4. Create a coupon cook. Give your mom coupons she can cash in for things such as no dishes or even a whine free hour! You can print one HERE (for free).
5. Just say Thank You and I Love You. Moms need to be appreciated. A simple thank you or just letting her know you appreciate all she does is what she wants to hear.
6. Help plant new flowers in the garden. Get spring off on the right foot by getting into the garden with mom and pulling the weeds and dead plants. Replace them with the new ones (if you need to) and rake up the mulch to make it look clean and fresh.<
7. Create an About My Mom Sheet. We have an awesome FREE printable you can get to have your kids fill out to share what they know about mom. Best of all, Mom can save them for years to come.
8. Make your own card. There is nothing like a drawing. Even as kids get older, a heartfelt card with a simple sketch is enough to make mom’s heart melt.
9. Write a poem. Words from your heart often mean the most to mom. Tell her how special she is in your own unique way.
Photo Collage. Find photos of you and your siblings throughout the years and make a collage for mom. She’ll love the thought that went into it. She’ll love looking back at the photos and sharing memories of her kids.
We’ve got an entire Pinterest Board dedicated to ALL things Mom! You will want to check that out. Some of these might cost a little bit in supplies, but the ideas and end results are awesome! Here are a few things we’ve found for you as well:
(photo credit: Creatively Living)
I love this black and white handprint artpiece. You don’t even need a fancy frame – you can keep it simple – or use colors that work for you. Check out Creatively Living for all of the details on how to make one of these!
Ahhh…time for mom to pamper herself!! Why not make her some homemade Lemon Sugar Scrub! Click HERE to learn how to make this great gift!
(photo credit: Oopsy Daisy Blog)
This is a great idea for any occasion! Just us tiles, photos and resin to make a unique gift. Oopsy Daisy Blog shares all of the tips and details to make this unique gift!
You could make Mom a gorgeous wreath to hang on her front door. We’ve got the tips on how to make one — just head HERE.