When I was little, I remember making our own ice cream as a special treat. However, waiting for the ice cream making to finish churning was not fun! Then, there was the salt, the ice and finally, hours later, you could finally enjoy your ice cream! Fast forward to the present, and I have kids, a job, and no time to spend waiting on ice cream!
There is a way you can make ice cream at home in a VERY short time without churning. It’s so simple, and easy, and the recipe is absolutely delicious! It’s a great way to make your own ice cream with any add-ins you desire.
One of our family favorite’s is cookies ‘n cream. However, you can easily swap the cookies with whatever your family likes. For instance, you could add M&Ms, marshmallows with peanuts and chocolate chips, peanut butter – just about anything you love!
Make sure you check out other frozen treat recipes:
No-Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 mins
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 8-10 Oreo cookies, smashed
- Pour the heavy cream into a large bowl, and beat with an electric mixer until it forms stiff peaks.
- Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Use a silicone spatula to fold in the whipped cream until you can no longer see color from the condensed milk. can’t see the color from the condensed milk anymore.
- Carefully put in the Oreos into the whole mixture using the silicone spatula.
- Pour the entire bowl of combined ingredients into a 9×5 bread pan.
- Cover the pan with tin foil or saran wrap, and freeze it overnight or for 4-6 hours minimum.
- Enjoy your no-churn cookies /n cream ice cream!