My kids love to help me in the kitchen. One way I like to get them involved is to have them help me make adorable snacks. These ocean snack cups are not only cute but easy enough for even the youngest of helpers to lend a hand making them. You only need a few ingredients to put these cute treats together.
These ocean snack cups would be a great party treat for a baby shower, birthday party, or anything with a beach or ocean theme to it. You could replace the octopus easily with fish, or sharks, or anything water-themed as well.
They are the perfect snack for your next cookout, even for after school. You can use them at any sort of water-themed event – the ideas are truly endless!!
More fun kid treat ideas:
- 13 Mickey Mouse Inspired Treat Ideas
- Chalkboard Cookies with Edible Chalk
- No Churn Skittles Ice Cream
Ocean Snack Cups
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Snack
- 1 Box vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 15 drops liquid blue food coloring
- 8 graham crackers (or purchase already ground crumbs)
- 8 sour gummy octopus
- 8 clear disposable cups
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pudding, milk, and food coloring.
- Mix well until all is combined and the pudding thickens.
- Use a food processor and break the graham crumbs down to a powder and set aside. You can also smash them with a rolling pin in a plastic baggie (if you do not have a food processor).
- Put about 1/2″ of graham cracker sand in the bottom of each cup. Don’t worry about getting it even, let it take a natural, organic shape.
- Add about half a cup of blue pudding mix to each cup, covering the sand.
- Top each cup with a sour gummy octopus to complete the look.
- Chill until ready to serve.