There is nothing better than a slow cooked piece of barbecue meat slathered in the best barbecue sauce! But, it is not always feasible to grill, so that’s when you have to use the oven. You can make this delicious beef brisket in the oven and it will taste like you smoked it for hours!
You might be wondering, how do I make brisket in an oven? It must be grilled to taste good. Doesn’t it? Nope. Not at all.
While a grilled, slow roasted brisket is amazing, you don’t have to spend hours cooking yours. One of the things I love most about this recipe is not only how simple it is to make (minutes to get it into the oven vs. hours at the grill). And, you won’t believe how amazing it makes your house smell!
To start, line your pan with foil (to capture all of the drippings). Place your brisket into the pan. Then, whisk together celery salt, onion salt and garlic salt in a bowl until blended and slather on top of the brisket.
Pour the liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce over the top of the brisket. Cover with foil and put it in the fridge for at least four hours (overnight work swell too). Then, bake for around 5- 6 hours. That’s it! That’s all it takes to make a brisket in the oven. How simple is that?!
Get the full list of ingredients and instructions here (which you can print out and add to your recipe book so it is handy the next time you want to make it).Print
Oven Baked Brisket Recipe
Find how to make brisket in your oven, rather than spending hours at the grill.
- Prep Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 10 hours 15 minutes
- Category: Entree
- 4-6 lb Beef Brisket
- 2 oz liquid smoke (or about half a 4 oz bottle)
- 3 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Line a 9×13 cake pan with tine foil and place the brisket inside, making sure it fits inside the pan. Leave excess tin foil on the sides, so it’s enough it can cover the brisket entirely.
- Whisk together the celery salt, onion salt, and garlic salt in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the brisket.
- Pour the liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce over the top of the seasoning, and lift the brisket up so the liquid and seasonings go underneath it as well.
- Wrap the tinfoil over the brisket completely, and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before you plan to place it in the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 275.
- Bake at 275 for 5-6 hours.
- Remove it from the oven and cover the top of the brisket in your favorite barbecue sauce, and bake it uncovered for another hour.
Keywords: brisket, oven baked brisket, bbq brisket