Oven Baked Brisket Recipe
Find how to make brisket in your oven, rather than spending hours at the grill.
- Prep Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 10 hours 15 minutes
- Category: Entree
- 4–6 lb Beef Brisket
- 2 oz liquid smoke (or about half a 4 oz bottle)
- 3 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Line a 9×13 cake pan with tine foil and place the brisket inside, making sure it fits inside the pan. Leave excess tin foil on the sides, so it’s enough it can cover the brisket entirely.
- Whisk together the celery salt, onion salt, and garlic salt in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the brisket.
- Pour the liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce over the top of the seasoning, and lift the brisket up so the liquid and seasonings go underneath it as well.
- Wrap the tinfoil over the brisket completely, and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before you plan to place it in the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 275.
- Bake at 275 for 5-6 hours.
- Remove it from the oven and cover the top of the brisket in your favorite barbecue sauce, and bake it uncovered for another hour.
Keywords: brisket, oven baked brisket, bbq brisket