Ice Cream Cake is such a fun summer treat, but it can be expensive! Skip the store and make it yourself.
As you plan your July 4th picnic, this cake will be the perfect dessert. It combines a love of Twinkies and ice cream in one! This Patriotic Ice Cream Cake is super easy to make! Best of all, you can make it any time of the year – with any Twinkies you might find in the store.
Patriotic Ice Cream Cake
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- 1 Box Red, White and Blue Twinkies
- 1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 8×8 Baking Pan
- Red and Blue Toppings/Sprinkles
- Open the ice cream an allow to soften for 20 minutes or so.
- Open all of the Twinkies and press firmly into the botom of your pan.
- Spread the ice cream over the top of the Twinkies.
- Add sprinkles or other toppings.
- Put in freezer, uncovered, for 1 – 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!