This pepperoni ziti casserole is one of my family’s favorite recipes! I love that it is an easy recipe that is budget-friendly that the entire family will love!
I am all about simple recipes. I honestly do not love to cook. I do it only because if I didn’t, my family would be forced to live on cereal and frozen waffles.
One of our family’s favorite meals is pepperoni ziti casserole (also called baked ziti). It is super easy to make. Make a quick salad and some garlic bread and you have an easy weeknight dinner your entire family will love.
Best of all, it is a cheap family meal, so if you are on a budget, you won’t have to overspend to make this meal for your family.Print
Baked ziti, also called pepperoni ziti casserole, is a quick meal that takes little time to prepare. If you can fry ground sausage and boil noodles, then you can make this dish.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Category: Pepperoni Ziti Casserole
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 8 oz Penne Pasta
- 15 – 20 finely diced pepperoni (or buy mini pepperoni)
- Jar of spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9×13 pan.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- While noodles are cooking, brown sausage.
- Drain sausage and noodles.
- Place noodles and sausage into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add in spaghetti sauce and blend.
- Add 1/4 package of mozzarella and pepperoni – mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
Keywords: baked ziti, ziti casserole, pepperoni ziti casserole