Summer is a time of get-togethers for our family. We love to prepare delicious dishes and desserts – but we don’t like to bake. Not when it is so hot outside! That’s why this pineapple icebox dessert is one of my go-to ideas!
I like to have a few recipes up my sleeve to use during the warm months that require very little baking, so I use my stove as little as possible. This Pineapple Icebox Dessert is no disappointment on flavor.
Pineapple Icebox Dessert only needs a few ingredients, so it’s a pretty frugal dessert. It only takes about 30 minutes to make, so you can whip it up quickly. It has those classic summer flavors of pineapple and cream. And, it is just oh, so yummy!
Check out these other fun summer desserts:Print
Pineapple Icebox Dessert
- Prep Time: 6 hours 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 6 hours 25 mins
- Category: Dessert
- 2 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about two sleeves)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz cool whip
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Crush your graham crackers until they are fine crumbs (a food processor will help).
- Add in 1/2 cup softened butter to the crumbs, and mix well with a fork.
- Press 2 cups of your crust mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9×9 pan
- Bake at 300 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the unsalted butter and the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, while still mixing.
- Add one heaping spoon of the crushed pineapple and mix well.
- Spread mixture over the crust.
- In another large bowl, combine the cool whip and the crushed pineapple gently with a spoon.
- Spread the pineapple cool whip mixture over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of the graham cracker mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight, or for 4-6 hours minimum.
- Serve chilled.