Give me a pumpkin roll rather than pumpkin pie! I am not a fan of pie in any way. But, I still love pumpkin flavors and desserts.
One way I can still enjoy pumpkin for dessert on Thanksgiving is with a pumpkin roll. The combination of the pumpkin and cream cheese frosting….well…I’ll let you put your own taste buds to the test and let me know what you think!
More fall recipes you’ll love:Print
Simple pumpkin dessert for your fall or Thanksgiving get together.
- ¼C cup powdered sugar, to sprinkle on towel
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin
- Pinch of salt
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 table spoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper.
- Sprinkle thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar (use enough so the cake will not stick to towel).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt on a small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mix until well combined. Spread evenly into prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (if using dark pan, begin checking for doneness around 11 minutes).
- Immediately loosen and turn cake out onto prepared towel. Peel off wax paper. Roll up the cake and towel together, starting with the narrow end. Cool completely.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in small bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Unroll cake and spread cream cheese filling over the cake. Re-roll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.